Presidents' Day Bash: Feb 13-14, 2021
|12 Diamond: 12's||12 Crystal: 12's||12 Jade: 12's|
|13 Crystal: 13 Open||13 Jade: 13's|
|14 Crystal: 14 Open||14 Jade: 14 Open||14 Pearl: 14's||14 Ruby: 14's|
|15 Crystal: 15 Open||15 Jade: 15 Open||15 Pearl: 15's||15 Ruby: 15's||15 Sapphire: 15's|
|16 Crystal: 16 Open||16 Jade: 16 Open||16 Pearl: 16's||16 Ruby: 16's|
|17 Crystal: 17/18 Open||17 Jade: 17/18 Open||17 Pearl: 17's|
• There is no hotel requirement for this tournament, hotel arranagments are available by the event host for families who are interested(check below)
HOTEL REGISTRATION LINK: https://ttievent.com/eventmanager/onlineregistration.asp?D=d&EventCode=BN3
|No club bus is offered for this event. All players travel with their parents.|
Latest Event Update(Feb. 9, 2021)
Wave Times - we had to make a few changes to the start times, so please check the start times for all your teams. Don't worry about wristbands - the team access code will help us move all the wristbands to a different wave. Not a problem.
AES Schedule - There will obviously be some changes with teams dropping due to covid but I'll send a final schedule update on Friday.
Team Check-In: Friday, Feb 12th from 5-8pm at Rocky Mount Event Center
Each coach is required to check-in their team Friday evening. Bring the following 3 items with you at that time and enter through the Ab:
- A hardcopy of your roster (if it is not loaded in AES before Feb 10th)
- All the signed COVID Waivers (one for each player & coach)
- JVA Coach Form (one per team)
Spectator Passes: PURCHASE HERE (ticket purchase cut off at 4pm Friday)
We are only selling 2-day weekend passes to this event and cost is $20/each (even though it shows $18). Use the link above to purchase tickets. Each team has a unique code (sent to the directors last week) which will allow them to purchase up to 20 spectator passes. Coaches listed on the roster will get wristbands. There are NO wristbands for team reps, chaperones, COVID coordinators, etc. - those people need to purchase a ticket.
Wristband Pickup - reminder that the Team Check-In on Friday night (5-8pm) is absolutely REQUIRED. This is where the coach (or team rep) will pick up all the wristbands purchased. If you don't show, your parents will NOT be getting in the facility on Saturday. Players do not need a wristband.
Tournament Handbook - HERE
Map of Facility & Parking Lot - HERE. Please note that the road in front of the facility is closed. It shouldn't affect parking since those lots are behind the facility.
In an effort to reduce the density at a court, for Covid-19 reasons, we will be playing the following format. This format enables more matches and the ability to have spectators: 4 team pool on 2 courts.
- all teams play
- one parent from each team will do lines
- one parent will either flip or do the scoresheet. They will not be expected to do the entire scoresheet, they will do portions, like running score and lineups. They do not have to be certified.
- There will not be an R2, if all teams are playing, there are not coaches to R2 and we would not want an uncertified parent from one of the teams in that position.
- These parents do not need to be registered, BG or Safesport trained, as they will not have direct contact on an individual basis with kids. The liability insurance is the same as if they were sitting courtside and were injured by a ball for example.
This format enables us to not have courtside the work team, work team parents, the off team, and off team parents, so it drastically reduces the number of people around the court. All spectators are asked to wear a mask per region rules.
There will be areas for the off teams in the 3 team pools to go while they are not playing.
WITHOUT THIS FORMAT WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE SPECTATORS
- Currently we will be allowing 2 spectators per player
- All masks are mandatory. There are no exceptions or exemptions to the mask mandate. Players in the match MUST HAVE MASKS ON.
- After warning any team can be disqualified from the event for failure to comply. This is one warning for team not per player or parent. To be clear, any parent refusal can also lead to team disqualification. Parents may be asked to leave and take their athlete with them. The goal is to play volleyball and not to distract from that with personal views on the mandates. The facility and local health officials will also evaluate if further action is needed.
- Any effort to manipulate the mask mandate will be treated as refusal.
- The alternate match formats for occupancy guidelines will require parents to work lines and keep score as their teams are playing.
- Each facility is different. Please check event website or facility website for more specific information regarding spectators allowed, seating and cost for entry.
- Teams will not be allowed to enter facility until 30 minutes prior to their match time.
- Off teams and parents should exit the facility. A coach can remain inside to know when team should re-enter. Once team pool play or bracket is finished all must exit the building.
- The Parent Code of Conduct is expected to be followed by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and other spectators.
- Attendance as a participant or spectator is strictly voluntary and at your own risk. If an individual does not agree with the protocols and any additional event or facility protocols, we ask you not attend the event, program or enter the facility.
- Should you have any comments or concerns please talk to your club director prior to event or the facility manager or head referee at the event.
Thank you for your understanding, support and cooperation. Our goal is to make sure our athletes can safely play the game they love with the requirements we have been given during this time.
- 7-10am - 12 Girls, 13 Girls, 13 Open, 14 Girls
- 10:30-2:30 - 13 Girls, 14 Open, 16 Girls, 16 Open (2 pools)
- 3-6pm - 16 Open (1 pool), 15 Girls, 15 Open
- 6:30-9:30pm - 17-18 Girls, 17-18 Open