Mideast Qualifier: May 30-June 1, 2020(New Dates)
|18 Diamond: 18 Open||18 Crystal: 18 American|
A. 18 Diamond/18 Crystal: These are team-travel teams. We will book the rooms for players and coaches, and have some extra rooms for parents on the first-come, first-serve basis BEFORE the deadline.
Latest Event Update
We’d like to thank all of you for your patience during this unknown, chaotic time. Many of you have asked many questions on rescheduling and refunds that have been and continue to be difficult to answer. Our first priorities were to make sure the information of the inability to run the event in March were made to the public, cancellations of the hotel rooms were processed, and the tear down of the courts and safe travels of our staff back to their homes were accomplished. We, as many of you are, watch this fluid situation with great interest in how to proceed further. At this time, we have a number of options to proceed with entry funds:
- We have reached out to the St. Louis and Indianapolis Convention centers about a reschedule. At this time, we are announcing the following: All 11-14s, and 15 American and 15 Select in St. Louis May 23-25th and 15 Open, 15 USA, 15 Select, and all 16-18s in Indianapolis on May 30-June 1st. Housing for both weekends will be set up in Mid April and our housing team will reach out to your contacts for room numbers if you so choose. At this time, please do not call in for housing for these rescheduled events.
- I have posted next year’s MEQ dates on AES. Indianapolis will be the first weekend March 19-21st and St. Louis will be March 26-28. If you would like to credit the entry fees towards next year’s dates, it will insure entry to next year’s event. If in October, you decide you are not able to come, we will make a refund at that time. These teams will also get first crack at housing for next year’s events as well.
- If neither option 1 or 2 works for you, we can proceed with a refund of $705 of your entry fee. As many know, we had many costs associated with this event, including but not limited to a staff that worked for 6 months leading up to the event, and 1000s of hours of union labor to set up and tear down the 82 court event, merchandisers who came in and set up for the event, and a staff that was already checked into hotels and ready for work. While a difficult decision, we hope that everyone understands that not all of the entry fee is recoverable.
At this time, if you could respond with what direction your team would make, we would appreciate it.
If you have any questions, please let us know and let us know what direction your teams would like to go in. One clear email that states each team in your club and if they are deciding on option 1, 2, or 3 would be amazing. As the scenarios have evolved daily, there is no hurry on a decision at this time, but we wanted to get information out to teams so they can be a little more proactive, no matter how tentative those plans may be at this time.