MAPL Raleigh: Mar 2-3, 2019
|13 Diamond: 13-14s Red||14 Diamond: 14-16s Blue||15 Diamond: 14-16s Blue||16 Diamond: 16-18s Black||17 Diamond: 16-18s Black||18 Diamond: 16-18 Black|
|14 Crystal R: 13-14s Red||15 Crystal: 14-16s Blue||16 Crystal: 14-16s Blue||17 Crystal: 16-18s Black|
Day 1: Black/White(L)
Day 2: White/Black(L)
|No club bus is offered for this event. All players travel with their parents.|
Latest Event Update
We are excited to host your team at the 11th annual Mid-Atlantic Power League – Raleigh (pronounced M-apple)! Our preparations for the tournament are almost complete and we are looking forward to setting up the Raleigh Convention Center and prepping our new facility for the event. This email contains important tournament details, so please be sure to read through it in its entirety.
We are in the process of finalizing tournament flow and format. Division wave schedules and times are posted on the website and are also listed below.
Tie-breakers: In all cases 3-way ties will be decided by set percentage first. When set percentage is equal 3-way ties will be broken as follows: teams still viable for Gold will compete in a one-set tiebreaker; teams not still viable for Gold will break the tie with point percentage. Should that still cause a tie, a coin-toss will be used.
NOTE: The MAPL Red Division and Bros 14u Division will be played at Triangle Volleyball Club’s new facility, located at 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560
BLACK division (16-18s): 8am & 3pm waves (3-team pools) @ RCC
BLUE division (14-16s): 1130am & 6pm (3-team pools) @ RCC
RED division (13-14s): 8am OR 1130am; second wave will be 3pm OR 6pm @ Triangle
14U: one-day only, Saturday beginning at 9am @ Triangle
16U: 5-team pool beginning at 8am @ RCC. All matches on Saturday will be two sets to 25.
18U: 8am & 3pm waves (3-team pools) @ RCC
Please make sure your team results are uploaded into Advanced Event Systems [AES] as they will be considered for seeding. First round pools will be posted in AES no later than 12 Noon on Tuesday, February 26th.
Doors open daily at 7am for teams/spectators. Please don’t arrive earlier planning to get in.
MAPL Raleigh brings in some of the best teams located on the eastern seaboard, and is a prime recruiting event in the first few weeks of the newly defined recruiting calendar for Division I coaches. College coaches from all levels and divisions make the trek to Raleigh to see the high-level of talent on display – in 2018, we had over 100 college coaches from NCAA Division I, II, III, Junior College and NAIA in attendance.
We use the University Athlete service so please be sure your athlete’s account is updated (recommended for some 15s and all 16s and up).
We are excited to have commitments of attendance of the following schools at this time and more are coming in every day.
Appalachian State University
Fayetteville State University
Kent State University
Nazareth College of Rochester (Boys)
NC State University
NC Wesleyan College
Penn State University
Pitt Community College
Southern Utah University
U.S. Naval Academy (Navy)
UNC - Greensboro
UNC - Pembroke
University of Tennessee
William Peace University
Team Check In
- Teams must check in prior to playing. Team check in is open Friday, March 1, 6-9pm and Saturday, March 2, 7am-12noon
- BLACK, BLUE, BOYS 16U & 18U divisions will take place at the Raleigh Convention Center in Room 204 [mezzanine level].
- RED and BOYS 14U divisions will take place at Triangle Volleyball Club at the Tournament Desk. Check in is is open Friday, March 1, 6-9pm and Saturday, March 2, 7am-12noon
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING PRINTED ROSTERS to check-in. We will print your most up-to-date rosters from AES after Feb. 26th. Please log in to AES and make sure your rosters are correct prior to this date. We will not accept printed rosters from coaches bringing them to check in.
- Coaches only (max of 3 per team) will receive competition venue entrance credentials at check in.
- Players will not need wristbands to access the playing venue.
- There will be no practice at the convention center on Friday evening.
- Club Directors attending but not listed on rosters can request a free wristband at email@example.com. The wristbands will be in the team check in room at the RCC.
Admission Costs: $10 per day or $15 for a 2-day pass. Children under 10 are FREE and they must be supervised at all times by a parent. Open play and ball handling by non-participants is not allowed.
Spectator seating is provided at MAPL Raleigh (both locations), therefore stadium and pop up chairs are not allowed. Please be courteous and give up your seat to those watching the current match.
The RCC and Triangle offers free WiFi to all attendees.
- Online ticket sales are not available.
- Friday, March 1, 6-9pm in front of the entrance to Hall B on the mezzanine level of the RCC and the entrance to Triangle Volleyball Club.
- Saturday, Sunday and Monday beginning at 7am on the mezzanine level of the RCC and the entrance to Triangle Volleyball Club.
- CASH ONLY is accepted; there is an ATM available onsite at the RCC. There is NOT an ATM at Triangle Volleyball Club.
Certified athletic trainers will be located at both the Exhibit Hall at the Raleigh Convention Center and Triangle Volleyball Club. All supplies used to treat injuries are free but athlete’s requiring pre-competition taping must provide their own tape or will be charged a fee. Kinesio taping is $5pp.
Camping, Coolers, Large Baggage and Stadium Chairs
The Raleigh Convention Center [RCC] does not allow coolers and large baggage inside the convention center. Additionally, ‘tailgating’ in the area surrounding the convention center [sidewalks, etc] is not allow.
Athlete ‘camping’ is not permitted in public areas. Room 201 on the mezzanine level of the RCC will remain open for teams to relax between matches. Items left in this room are at the individual’s own risk.
Triangle Volleyball Club does not allow food tables or coolers allowed in facility. We do allow participants and spectators to bring in food for their own consumption provided they clean up after themselves. No glass containers inside or around the facility. While there is ample space for our guests we do not allow 'camping' (i.e. blankets on the floor, etc.). This is for the safety of all our guests. There is team table set up are available outside at Triangle Volleyball Club.
Food and Concessions Information
- No outside food is permitted inside the RCC.
- RCC concessions open at 7am and have numerous breakfast options.
- In addition to water fountains located near restrooms the RCC has several water stations located at the base of the escalators.
- Café Sienna (Sheraton) also opens at 630am
- Starbucks (Marriott City Center) will have the following hours:
- Saturday, 6am - 9pm
- Sunday, 6am - 6pm
- Monday, 6am - 9pm
- Be prepared as the opening times of Starbucks is regrettably inconsistent and long lines do form.
- “A Need for Coffee” food truck will be set up at Triangle. In addition to coffee they serve smoothies and packaged food items.
- RCC: Event parking is available throughout the downtown area. Parking is $7 in most lots with no in and out privileges.
- Triangle: Parking is FREE. We have over 400 parking spaces. Please abide by all signage and be mindful that we are still an active construction site.
Although Raleigh has a safe and vibrant downtown area, it is strongly recommended that athletes driving themselves travel in groups of two or more. The City of Raleigh ambassadors will be downtown (Red jackets) and are happy to assist and escort athletes upon request.
Photography & Videography – for the protection of your athletes we have the following policy in place:
This event is considered a private event owned and operated by Triangle Volleyball Club (Triangle) under the rules and regulations required for sanction by USA Volleyball/Carolina Region. Admittance is by special invitation, spectator pass, or as a participant athlete, coach, or club director. Other than parents and coaches filming or taking photos for personal or recruiting use, only individuals, businesses, organizations, and/or media outlets authorized by Triangle are allowed to photograph and record video and film footage at this event for use in a business or other media distribution activity, or for the purposes of recruitment. Those authorized by Triangle to record or photograph at this event will be identifiable by wearing an official tournament credential. Any other persons affiliated with independent or third-party video, photography or recruiting services that have NOT been granted official authorization by Triangle to conduct business at this venue are subject to removal from the premise.
Volleyball For All – sponsored by Red Hat
As part of our 'Volleyball for All' initiative, Triangle Volleyball Club will be hosting a Veterans Sitting Volleyball Showcase at MAPL Raleigh at the Raleigh Convention Center. The Showcase will be on Sunday, March 3rd and located on the sitting volleyball court next to Championship Desk. For more information, or to participant/volunteer, please contact Jenna Hinton at firstname.lastname@example.org
USAV High Performance Tryout
Junior Girls High Performance Tryout - 2019 Tryout will be held on Friday, March 1st from 5-8 PM in the Raleigh Convention Center. For more information please click HERE.
Check out our vendors at the MAPL Raleigh Tournament located in the RCC exhibit hall. Please be sure to visit:
Lucky Dog - custom tournament t-shirts, volleyball gear and equipment
Danielle Woods Photography – Sports photography located in Raleigh, NC. She shoots… she scores!