City of Oaks Challenge: Jan 19-21, 2019
|12 Diamond: 12s|
|13 Diamond: 13s||13 Crystal: 13s|
|14 Diamond: 14s||14 Crystal R: 14s 14 Crystal T: 14s||14 Jade: 14s|
|15 Diamond: 15s||15 Crystal: 15s||15 Jade: 15s|
|16 Diamond: 16s||16 Crystal: 16s||16 Jade: 16s|
|17 Diamond: 17s||17 Crystal: 17s||17 Crystal T: 17s|
|18 Diamond: 18s|
Day 1: Black/White(L)
Day 2: White/Black(L)
|No club bus is offered for this event. All players travel with their parents.|
Latest Event Update
- GIRLS - 12U, 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U, and 17/18U
- BOYS - 14U Boys [Sunday only], 16U Boys [Sat/Sun] and 18U Boys [Sat/Sun]
- Triangle reserves the right to offer an invitational division for selected age groups
- Teams must play within their age division [no playing up].
Tournament Format and Schedule
Teams will compete in pools [Days 1 and 2] followed by single elimination bracket play on Day 3. All teams are guaranteed 7 matches. First round pool schedules will be available in AES the week of tournament play.
- 12s Division - round robin format accross 3 days plus at least one additional match on day 3 to determine final place. *12s interested in only a one day event should look in AES for the Triangle Winter Classic as an option [also held at the RCC]
- 13s Division - pool play for the first two days of competition followed by bracket play on day 3
- 14-18s Divisions - after establishing initial seeds for all teams within their age group, top seeded teams will be power-pooled for the first day of competition. All teams will compete in pool play on days 1 and 2 and bracket play on day 3
- 14U - one day event only, Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019
- 16U and 18U - two day event, Saturday, Jan. 19-Sunday, Jan. 20. Depending on size of the field these two divisions could be combined for either a portion or all of the event.
Questions about divisions or format should be addressed to Logan.S.Barber@trianglevolleyball.org.
Tentative Wave Schedule (we reserve the right to make a change if needed)
- AM Wave begins at 8am
- PM Wave begins at 230pm
- 16U & 18U Boys
- 14U Boys will play Sunday am (one-day only)
Final play schedule will be available the week of the event through Advanced Event Systems.
DOORS WILL OPEN PROMPTLY AT 7 AM. Participants/Spectators will not be allowed into the RCC until 7 AM.
Admission Costs: $10 per day, $20 3-Day Pass, children 5 and under FREE.
Tickets can be purchased on Friday night (January 18th) from 6-9 PM on the mezzanine level of the RCC, or Saturday, Sunday, and Monday beginning at 7 AM adjacent to the Hall B entrance at the RCC. The RCC will open at 7 AM on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
PLEASE READ OUR PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO DISCLAIMER HERE
Event parking at the RCC is available throughout the downtown area for $7 (no in-and-out privileges).
There will be a Martin Luther King, Jr. Day parade in downtown Raleigh on Monday, January 21st. Please allow additional time to travel downtown and find parking on this day. A map of the parade route and road closures around the Raleigh Convention Center will be provided as we get closer to the event date.
All teams must check-in. Team check-in for ALL DIVISIONS is 7-9 PM on Friday evening and 7 AM-2 PM on Saturday in Room 204 on the mezzanine level of the RCC. Coaches will receive competition venue entrance credentials at team check-in. Teams will not be able to practice on Friday night at RCC.
City of Oaks Challenge is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the Carolina Region [CR teams note that the City of Oaks Challenge counts towards eligibility for CR Championships].
Coolers, stadium chairs, large baggage, animals [service animals allowed], weapons, tobacco and e-cigarette products are not allowed inside or outside of the RCC (lobby, playing venue, sidewalks). Team 'camping' is prohibited by RCC. Monopods only are allowed for filming.
No 'boom boxes' or portable speakers are allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones. 'Warm up music' broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
Concessions for the City of Oaks Challenge are available on-site at RCC provided by Centerplate. No outside food or drink is allowed in the competition venue.