We were the 1st club in the RTP area to post our dates and times. As always, we released all tryout info simultaneously on April 1, 2023, including front page news release, this tryout web page, online registrations of our open gyms and tryouts. Prior to the info release, we checked the websites of major clubs in this area to aviod overlaps of tryout dates by age groups so players are able to attend other tryouts and expect other clubs to do the same while releasing their dates/ages.
2025 tryout schedule will stay the same unless stated otherwise !!
Tryouts are a very stressful time for players and parents. We do our very best to make tryouts as comfortable, fun and productive as possible, while continuing to provide a healthy club/tryout experience with openness, diversity and trust. Academy takes great pride in continuing the success of being one of the most competitive and well-respected clubs in the nation.
|Premium learning environment
with unique academy model
|World-Class Coaching Staff
with Excellence through coaching consistency
with Fundamental-focused philosophy
|Top Ranked in The Nation
with THE highest competitiveness
|Healthy Club Culture
with Openness, Diversity and Trust
with 9 Taraflex® courts
Highly recommended for new players
|11U (born on or after 7/1/2012)
12U (born on or after 7/1/2011)
|Session 1 – Sa, 10/7; 1-3P
Session 2 – Su, 10/8; 3-430P
|Sa, 9/23; 930-11A
Sa, 9/30; 930-11A
(born on or after 7/1/2010)
|Session 1 - Sa, 10/7; 9-11A
Session 2 - Su, 10/8; 10-1130A
|Sa, 9/23; 12-130P
Sa, 9/30; 12-130P
(born on or after 7/1/2009)
|Session 1 - Fr, 10/6; 6-8P
Session 2 - Sa, 10/7; 5-630P
|Sa, 9/23; 230-4P
Sa, 9/30; 230-4P
(born on or after 7/1/2008)
|Session 1 - Sa, 8/5; 1-3P
Session 2 - Su, 8/6; 3-430P
|Sa, 7/22; 930-11A
Sa, 7/29; 930-11A
(born on or after 7/1/2007)
|Session 1 - Sa, 8/5; 9-11A
Session 2 - Su, 8/6; 10-1130A
|Sa, 7/22; 12-130P
Sa, 7/29; 12-130P
|17U (born on or after 7/1/2006)
18U (born on/after 7/1/2005 or still in HS)
|Session 1 - Fr, 8/4; 6-8P
Session 2 - Sa, 8/5; 5-630P
|Sa, 7/22; 230-4P
Sa, 7/29; 230-4P
Academy provides the opportunities for wider range of athletes to enjoy the club experiences.
• National Teams(21): 12 Diamond; 13 Diamond/Crystal/Jade; 14 Diamond/Crystal/Jade/Pearl; 15 Diamond/Crystal/Jade/Pearl; 16 Diamond/Crystal/Jade/Pearl; 17 Diamond/Crystal/Jade; 18 Diamond/Crystal
• Regional Teams(9): 11 Diamond/Crystal; 12 Crystal/Jade/Pearl/Ruby; 13 Pearl/Ruby; 14 Ruby
Our program offers the HIGHEST Benefit-Cost Ratio with THE most competitive tournament schedule across ALL age groups in this area and lower prices. To ensure the quality of competition, our top teams(14 and Up) will not play in ANY In-House or low-level tournaments. All other teams will ONLY play up to one In-House event.
FREE USAV National Championships if the team wins the BID !
We offer the most family-friendly program that allows parents' involvement in their children's tournament experiences
• Family Travel: ALL teams for 2024 season!. Travel costs are NOT built in the team dues and families are responsible for transportations and lodging costs. Each family is REQUIRED to book one hotel room per event under the club block to meet the event and hotel's requirements.
For ALL teams, 1st practices will begin on Nov. 6th(Mon) after HS State Championship
- CR Recruiting Statement: Clubs and individuals are permitted to attempt to recruit a player to play with their club at any time. Once a player has committed to a particular club in a specific season, any recruitment can only be for a future season.
- CR Tryout Statement: All personal business/legal commitments made between the club and a player’s family will remain the responsibility of the related parties. The Carolina Region will not be responsible for enforcing private agreements. Contracts between a club and family are independent of any region obligations and policies.
- CR Athlete and Club Bill of Rights for Tryouts: The principles outlined in this document are not absolute or “policy”. It is the responsibility of both parties – club and athlete – to honor every commitment!
- USAV Commitment Letter: Athletes must sign a Carolina Region Letter of Commitment form on or after Sept 1st to affirm their club of choice.
- Our Statement: We are a club built on integrity and value the trust of our customers in which they make a verbal commitment so that we can move forward when forming our teams. As stated in our tryout policy if we extend an offer to a student-athlete and they have accepted a position with another club we will and do not influence the student athlete to make a change in their decision.
• Please make sure to register the players in the right age groups by USAV Ages. In general, we encourage players to play with their school grades.
• Please take time to discuss your desires as a family before registering and heading into our tryouts, so that you can have in mind what you would decide once you receive the offer.
• Please review our Team Guide so you are fully aware of the practice schedule, team dues, team coaches, as well as the tournament schedule, which you will be committed to.
• Families completely understand the significant financial commitment of trying out and playing 2024 season at Academy.
• Families fully understand their commitment to participate in a travel-based season with out-of-state/town and large indoor tournaments
• Families fully understand and support coaches' decisions on "play time" of each team player
2. Register Online(required):
• 11-14's: $60 by 10/6; $80 from 10/7; 15-18's: $60 by 8/4; $80 from 8/5
• If you try out for more than one age/level group, additional registration is required.
• Refunds or credits will NOT be issued for tryout fees.
• USAV/AAU membership is NOT required for our tryouts, which is insured by another insurance provider.
3. Attend Tryouts(required)
• Tryouts will be CLOSED to ALL spectators/parents
• Recommend athletes to attend both sessions
• Check-in begins 30 min. prior to tryout time. Please arrive early for preparations
4. Evaluation & Team Selection
• We determine team selection and make offers by the level of team. It is important to attend the 1st session if you target on the top teams.
• We do our best to move forward as fast as possible
5. Offer Notification
• We will contact parents(NOT players) to extend the offer via phone, text messaging, and/or email
• We will update parents via email and club website the status of process and teams
• Our goal is to release all offers by 9P, the day after the last tryout session of that age group
• Be patient if you do not receive our offers since there are still opportunities to be a part of the Academy family
6. Your Decisions
• We ask you to notify us your decision(accept or decline) within 24 hours of the offer being made for the best interest of most players in the process.
• We expect PARENTS to be the responsible party for your decisions
• If you accept our offer verbally or via texting/emails, it becomes a binding commitment
• Once our offer is accepted by you, please notify other clubs and stop attending their tryouts to make their process easier.
• Once you accept the offer from another club, please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact our coaches and stop attending our tryouts.
• To protect the best interest of the vast majority of players and integrity of tryout process, if a family chooses to walk away from their commitment, our policy will NOT allow THE FAMILY to play for us the current season and/or come back for future seasons.
7. Signing Paperwork
• Paperwork process(w/o CR Letter of Commitment) begins right after our offer is accepted by you, we expect our signing papers and 1st payment to be completed within 24 hours of the email is sent.
• As soon as you finish the paperwork online, please complete the uniform fitting in our gym IMMEDIATELY(check Calendar for dates/times)
Early Offer Process
We extend early(pre-tryout) offers to top talented players who are skillful, fully committed to volleyball, loyal to and/or highly interested in playing for Academy.
1. Legitimacy: It is LEGAL to extend early offers. There is NO regulatory rule defined for it. Many clubs in this area and nationwide do it at their own decisions. We fully respect how other clubs legally operate their own businesses. We are proud of being the only club in our area that is open, honest and transparent about this process.
2. Open/Fair Process: We extend early offers for our top teams based on the player’s talent, skills, commitment, loyalty, intertest level, and the need/fit for the team. It is OPEN for both players who played for Academy in the previous season and who did not. It is a FAIR process that allows everyone to have the chance to come to our gym and earn the offer. It helps not only reduce the stress/pressure and save families money/time, but also speed up the entire process for everyone. Our top teams have NEVER been full before tryouts so there are plenty opportunities for the student-athletes who have not come to our gym prior to the tryouts.
3. Acceptance: If you accept our early offer verbally or via texting/emails, it becomes a binding commitment, then you should still attend our tryouts, but NOT attend other clubs’ tryouts. If you choose to decline the early offer, you will still have the chance to earn it again at regular tryouts if you choose to attend.
4. Payment: The same as regular tryouts, the 1st payment(see Team Guides for the 1st payment amount)) is due within 24 hours after the offer is accepted.
5. Commitment: We expect the parents not the minor student-athletes to be the responsible parties for their decisions/commitments. We honor the early offers the same way we do for regular offers at tryouts. We also expect families to honor their commitments to these early offers. To protect the best interest of the vast majority of players and integrity of tryout process, if a family chooses to walk away from their commitment, our policy will NOT allow THE FAMILY to play for us the current season and/or come back for future seasons.
6. Interest: If you are truly interested in this process, please feel free to contact us as early as possible: email@example.com