Northern Lights Qualifier: Apr 30- May 2 & May 14-16, 2021
|15 Diamond: 15 Open (Apr 30- May 2, 2021)||16 Diamond: 16 Open (May 14-16, 2021)|
A. 15 Diamond/16 Diamond: These teams are team-travel unless family-travel option was chosen. We will book the rooms for players and coaches, and would like to request families that have chosen family travel to book the same hotel under our block BEFORE the deadline.
B. If you still need rooms AFTER the deadline, please email Krista McGivern (email@example.com), our Travel Coordinator
Parent Passcode Instructions:
1. Visit the THS website home page, www.thsweb.com
3. You will then be logged into a page that allows you to enter your personal information to the rooming list.
If you need further assistance, please call 888-536-8326 or 888-536-0366.
Latest Event Update
April 26, 2021
Here are seven last minute items, please read all of them:
1. Online check-in will open Wednesday before your tournament at 8:00 am. All teams must be checked in AND pick up their team's wristband by 8:30 pm on Thursday.
There is no wristband pickup on Friday. Even though you may check-in on line, you must still come to the convention center on Thursday between 3:00 pm and 8:30 pm to pick up your team's wristbands.
This means there is NO check-in or wristband pick up on Friday.
Complete instructions about the Check-In procedure may be found on our website at https://www.northernlightsjuniors.org/events/northern-lights-qualifier/nlq-enter-a-team/nlq-check-in-process/
In person check-in and wristband pick up are located at the Championship Desk inside the court area next to Court 18 at the convention center only.
2. The roster you submit at check in is your final roster. Any roster changes after submitting your official roster must be requested at the Championship Desk before the team’s first match. Any requested changes after submitting your roster will require you pay a $25 fee per change requested (cash only). Once you have started your first match, rosters may not be changed for any reason (excluding the blood rule). Roster changes are defined as and may include but are not limited to: player or staff name changes, uniform number changes and changes to any other personal information.
You also must specify when you check in if your team will accept or decline a bid should they win it. This election is not changeable after being submitted.
3. All 2nd referees supplied by officiating teams must be an adult rostered coach. Players are not acceptable as a 2nd referee. Non-rostered adults are not acceptable due to USAV insurance requirements.
4. Warm-up/practice balls are not being supplied by the tournament. You will need to bring your own.
5. We are still in need of a few National Anthem singers. If you have a player who would like to do this please have her come to the team check in area on Thursday evening to audition or send a video to us immediately.
6. There are no advance on-line ticket sales. All ticket sales are in person only at the Convention Center. Ticket sales will be open on Thursday evening at the Convention Center, and we strongly recommend your parents get their tickets that evening to avoid the long lines on Friday morning.
7. The CHI Convention Center has moved to cashless payments for all ticket sales and food sales. They will not accept cash. They do have a "reverse" cash machine in thier lobby that will convert cash to a gift card, no fee is charged. Please tell your parents about this.
Good luck in the tournament.
April 15, 2021
We are about 2 weeks from the start of the first of 3 weekends of the Mizuno Northern Lights Qualifier being held in Omaha Nebraska. We have been getting a lot of questions about things, most of which are already answered on our website, but here are some important items being asked about.
- Masks are required for all persons in the building, including players while they are playing. Please see our COVID Protocols, which are published on our website, for all information relating to this matter.
- There are currently no restrictions on spectator attendance, all parents are welcome. Complete information on Spectator Ticket sales can be found on our website. Please give this information to your parents.
- The Wave Schedule on our website has been updated to show the Friday starting times for all age divisions.
- The last matches on Sunday each weekend are being scheduled to start at 2:00pm, ending at 3:00pm which means by that time in the day those last matches will most likely end about 4:00pm.
- The schedule will be posted each week by the Wednesday prior to the event starting date. No further schedule information is available.
- On Line check in will open on Wednesday morning prior to each event. All teams must pick up their wristbands on Thursday evening at the Convention Center between 4:00 - 8:30 pm. There is no check in or wristband pick up on Friday. Complete information is on our website.
- If you have a player who would like to sing the National Anthem, please have her send us contact information along with a video or link to a video. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As of today there are still over 100 teams who have invalid rosters. We strongly urge you to get them completed and validated on TM2sign now.
We will send you another email about a week before your event giving you final details on the check in process.
Thank you for choosing to attend the Mizuno Northern Lights Qualifier.
Feb 9, 2021
With the current and probable future restrictions the Governor of Minnesota has placed on large gatherings, we are no longer confident we can hold the Mizuno Northern Lights Qualifier in Minneapolis on May 7-9 & 14-16.
Therefore, we are moving the event to Omaha Nebraska.
All divisions will remain on the same dates EXCEPT the 15’s age divisions which will move to April 30-May 2. We are moving the 15’s age divisions because we do not have enough space in the Omaha Convention Center to accommodate all the 15’s, 16’s, 17’s, & 18’s teams on the weekend of May 14-16.
We apologize for this change in plans, but like you, we are still operating in unknown waters. Rather than have continued restrictions and possibly cancel the event, we are moving to a location where we are virtually guaranteed the ability to run.
Omaha Nebraska is operating at 100% capacity, which means no restrictions on spectators. Very few places in the USA have that ability and we are pleased to offer unrestricted spectator access. In fact, we just finished our 18’s / 17’s Qualifier in Omaha and it was a huge success - with many happy players and parents!