Windy City Qualifier: May 14-16, 2021
|17 Diamond: 17 Open|
|• 17 Diamond: These are team-travel teams. We will book the rooms for players and coaches, and have some extra rooms for parents on the first-come, first-serve basis BEFORE the deadline.
• If you still need rooms AFTER the deadline, please email Krista McGivern (firstname.lastname@example.org), our Travel Coordinator
Latest Event Update
May 10, 2021
Due to COVID restrictions, our ticketing process for spectators will be a different, so please read through all the information below IN DETAIL and share with your parents. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Please note, these changes are being put in effect for THIS YEAR ONLY, in order to provide the safest environment possible so that teams are able to play in a convention setting.
NEW FOR BOTH TEAMS & SPECTATORS:
ONLY children 2 years and under will be free.
Due to capacity restrictions, team's will be limited to a maximum of 30 spectators per team, per day. No exceptions. This includes siblings and other children.
NEW THIS SEASON:
Everyone attending 3 years and older, must have a PAID admission ticket!
These numbers are in addition to the athletes and 3 staff members included on your roster for each team. This is being mandated by the Indiana Department of Health.
Spectator Ticketing Coupon Codes:
Unlike before, parents & spectators will not be able to purchase a ticket online without a team coupon code.
The ticket purchase coupon codes for each team will be sent to the club director's email address that is provided in AES on ?May 10th, 2021 by 5pm.
*IF THE EMAIL ON FILE IS NOT CHECKED REGULARLY, CHANGE IT NOW*
With this in mind, it will be imperative that your club chooses what process you will use to distribute the coupon codes to your spectators, as well as WHO will attend from each team, well in advance of ticketing opening on ?May 10th, 2021 by 7pm EST.
- We, the tournament staff, will not distribute any coupon codes to parents who contact us directly, or request us to do so. This is the responsibility of the club.
- Directors will be the ones who distribute the coupon code to the parents before ticketing opens.
- Communicate this to your parents & staff immediately to ensure they understand these limitations in order to allow equal attendance for all.
- Once the coupon code reaches max capacity of use, it will no longer be eligible to use for ticket purchases.
- To make sure that all parents/spectators have an opportunity to purchase a ticket, only one ticket can be purchased per transaction.
i.e. - Mom cannot purchase her ticket, Dad's ticket and Sibling's ticket in a single transaction. They will all need to be done separately.
- Plan ahead to help alleviate anyone being left out or an uneven distribution.
- Collect the names of who (including siblings) would like to attend.
- Create & Share your list of approved attendees to each team .
- Distribute The Code with complete instructions on how to make a purchase to your spectators (see below).
Ticket Options & Pricing:
- We will only be providing Daily Passes for the Windy City Qualifier in Indianapolis.
- Each person will have to go in and buy a Daily Pass for each day of the event.
- Partial refunds will not be given if someone does not attend
- There will be NO onsite sales. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Agreements To Attend:
By attending, spectators AND teams are agreeing to:
- Parents with children in both waves will be able to re-enter with the same ticket after the first wave.
- DO NOT RE-ENTER THE BUILDING IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SECOND CHILD PLAYING.
- ALL SPECTATORS & ATHLETES MUST LEAVE THE FACILITY AFTER THEIR PLAY HAS ENDED.
- We are suggesting that siblings playing in opposing waves do not attend the other wave to watch.
- Ticketed Spectators are the only ones who are allowed to sit in the spectator seating section.
- Athletes who are not playing will be asked to leave the building if they are sitting in the spectator seating sections.
How To Purchase Tickets:
Once director's distribute coupon codes to their spectator lists (per team!), spectators will go to:
- Enter coupon code, hit apply!
- Follow the prompts
Ticket will be emailed and/or texted in the form of a QR Code to the individual who purchased the ticket.
Please forward your parents to our Spectator's Admissions page for more information on our entry procedures.
NO TICKET PURCHASE WILL BE AVAILABLE ON SITE:
In order to reduce person-to-person contact, we will NOT have onsite ticketing purchasing available.
Spectators can only purchase tickets online at https://tickets.sportwrench.com/buy/?event=563508257
using the coupon code that the director supplies them with.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these unprecedented times. Again, if you have any questions regarding our spectator ticket limitations OR admission process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Windy City Qualifier Staff
April 3, 2021
Looking forward to some great competition in about 10 days for the adidas Windy City Qualifier in Indy. We have run quite a few events this year and look forward to another safe one with great competition. Those of you who are new to the venue for this year, please read through the below email and make sure to send the attached protocols to your parents as well.
- All attendees have to wear a mask at the event. Failure to comply could result in the removal of the team without refunds. Athletes on the court are not required to wear a mask, but are allowed if they so choose. Athletes and coaches on the sideline must mask up.
- Current spectator protocol is 30 per team. Do not try to circumvent the rules as there will be 30 chairs for each court. The health department and convention center staff will be checking if there are more bodies than chairs at each court.
- Registration will be at the Indianapolis Convention Center in room 139 on Thursday from 3 PM to 9 PM. This is where the staff will check your online waivers and give you a sticker and credentials for the next day to allow you in the facility. Without these credentials and stickers, players and coaches will not be allowed in. You can only enter through the Washington Street entrance. Maximum roster size is 12 players and 3 coaches.
- At the end of each day, please make sure that one coach checks out at room 139 so that you get credentials for the next day. However, please make sure your team exits the facility during this time so that we can move the next wave into the facility. You can give the credentials to the team at the hotel or outside the facility.
- There will be 3 waves on Friday and Saturday and a yet to be determined number of waves on Sunday. Friday and Saturday waves will be at 8 AM, 1230 PM and 515 PM. The afternoon and evening waves will not allow anyone in the facility more than 30 minutes early. Please do not test this as you will have to wait outside the convention center. Halls A through E should enter through the Washington Street entrance and Halls F through K should enter through the Georgia Street entrance.
- When teams are finished with play, they must exit the facility. No congregating will be allowed in the facility. The faster we are able to have people leave the facility, the sooner the next wave will be allowed in.
- Pools without work teams (4 team pools) will need to supply 2 people towards the officiating crew for the matches that they are playing in. The officiating crew will be 2 line judges, a scoreboard operator, and a scorebook person and will have 2 people from each team contributing to this crew. These people do not need to be certified, but do need to be competent.
- Baller TV will be streaming all matches for people who are not allowed in (and college coaches who are on dead period).
Again, I suggest everyone reading through the posted COVID protocols and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out.