MAPL Raleigh: Feb 29-Mar 1, 2020
|13 Diamond: Red||14 Diamond: Blue||15 Diamond: Blue||16 Diamond: Black||17 Diamond: Black||18 Diamond: Black|
|14 Crystal: Red||15 Crystal: Blue||16 Crystal: Blue||17 Crystal: Black||18 Crystal: Black|
Day 1: Black/Blue(L)
Day 2: Blue/Black(L)
|No club bus is offered for this event. All players travel with their parents.|
Latest Event Update
We are excited to host your team at the 12th annual Mid-Atlantic Power League – Raleigh (pronounced M-apple)! Our preparations for the tournament are almost complete and we are looking forward to setting up the Raleigh Convention Center and prepping our new facility for the event. We are receiving a significant number of questions and while this email is lengthy, it contains important tournament details, so please be sure to read through it in its entirety.
Tournament Pools Are UP!
The first round pools are live on AES - Division wave schedules and times are also listed below.
Tie-breakers: In all cases 3-way ties will be decided by set percentage first. When set percentage is equal 3-way ties will be broken as follows: teams still viable for Gold will compete in a one-set tiebreaker; teams not still viable for Gold will break the tie with point percentage. Should that still cause a tie, a coin-toss will be used.
NOTE: The MAPL Red Division and Bros 14u Division, as well as part of the Bros 16u Division, will be played at Triangle Volleyball Club’s new facility, located at 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560.
BLACK division (16-18s): 8am & 3pm waves (3-team pools) @ RCC
BLUE division (14-16s): 1130am & 6pm (3-team pools) @ RCC
RED division (13-14s): 8am OR 1130am; second wave will be 3pm OR 6pm @ Triangle
14U: one-day only, Saturday beginning at 8am @ Triangle
16U: 3-team pools on Saturday – 11:30am & 6:30pm with 1 court at Triangle, 2 courts at RCC
18U: 8am & 3pm waves (3-team pools) @ RCC
Doors open daily at 7am for teams/spectators. Please don’t arrive earlier planning to get in.
MAPL Raleigh brings in some of the best teams located on the eastern seaboard, and is a prime recruiting event in the first few weeks of the newly defined recruiting calendar for Division I coaches. College coaches from all levels and divisions make the trek to Raleigh to see the high-level of talent on display – in 2019, we had over 110 college coaches from NCAA Division I, II, III, Junior College and NAIA in attendance.
We use the University Athlete service so please be sure your athlete’s account is updated (recommended for some 15s and all 16s and up)
We are excited to have commitments of attendance of over 55 colleges and more are coming in every day. To view an updated list, please click here.
Team Check In
- Teams must check in prior to playing. Teams should check-in at the site where they will play their first pool play matches (RCC or Triangle).
- Team check in is open:
- BLACK, BLUE, BOYS 18U and one pool of BOYS 16U - RCC: Friday, Feb. 28th, 6-9pm and Saturday, Feb. 29th, 7am-12noon in Room 204
- RED, BOYS 14U and two pools of BOYS 16U - Triangle: Saturday, Feb. 29th 7am-12noon at the Tournament Desk
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING PRINTED ROSTERS to check-in. We will print your most up-to-date rosters from AES. Please log in to AES and make sure your rosters are correct prior to this date. We will not accept printed rosters from coaches bringing them to check in.
- All onsite roster changes will be managed by the tournament staff at the Raleigh Convention Center, and will require staff to coordinate with the AES system. Please be patient and allow for extra time at check-in should you have roster changes. Handwritten roster changes will not be allowed – they must be verified by tournament staff in the AES system.
- Coaches only (max of 3 per team, must be IMPACT and Safesport certified) will receive competition venue entrance credentials at check in. Team Reps and Chaperones do NOT receive wristbands.
- Players will not need wristbands to access the playing venue.
- There will be no practice at the convention center on Friday evening.
- Club Directors attending but not listed on rosters can request a free wristband at firstname.lastname@example.org. The wristbands will be in the team check in room at the RCC.
Admission Costs: $10 per day or $15 for a 2-day pass. Children under 10 are FREE and they must be supervised at all times by a parent. Open play and ball handling by non-participants is NOT allowed.
Spectator seating is provided at MAPL Raleigh (both locations), therefore stadium and pop up chairs are not allowed. Please be courteous and give up your seat to those watching the current match.
The RCC and Triangle offers free WiFi to all attendees.
Admission bands are available for purchase at the following times/locations:
- Online ticket sales are not available.
- Friday, Feb. 28th, 6-9pm in front of the entrance to Hall B on the mezzanine level of the RCC and the entrance to Triangle Volleyball Club.
- Saturday and Sunday beginning at 7am on the mezzanine level of the RCC and the entrance to Triangle Volleyball Club.
- CASH ONLY is accepted; there is an ATM available onsite at the RCC, there is NOT an ATM at Triangle Volleyball Club.
Certified athletic trainers will be located at both the Exhibit Hall at the Raleigh Convention Center and Triangle Volleyball Club. All supplies used to treat injuries are free but athlete’s requiring pre-competition taping must provide their own tape or will be charged a fee. Kinesio taping is $5pp.
Camping, Coolers, Large Baggage and Stadium Chairs
The Raleigh Convention Center [RCC] does not allow coolers and large baggage inside the convention center. Additionally, ‘tailgating’ in the area surrounding the convention center [sidewalks, etc] is not allow.
Athlete ‘camping’ is not permitted in public areas. Room 201 on the mezzanine level of the RCC will remain open for teams to relax between matches. Items left in this room are at the individual’s own risk.
Triangle Volleyball Club does not allow food tables or coolers allowed in facility. We do allow participants and spectators to bring in food for their own consumption provided they clean up after themselves. No glass containers inside or around the facility. While there is ample space for our guests we do not allow 'camping' (i.e. blankets on the floor, etc.). This is for the safety of all our guests. There is team table set up are available outside at Triangle Volleyball Club.
Food and Concessions Information
- No outside food is permitted inside the RCC.
- RCC concessions open at 7am and have numerous breakfast options.
- In addition to water fountains located near restrooms the RCC has several water stations located at the base of the escalators.
- Café Sienna (Sheraton) also opens at 630am
- Starbucks (Marriott City Center) will have the following hours:
- Saturday, 6am-9pm
- Sunday, 6am – 6pm
- Monday, 6am-9pm
- Be prepared as long lines do form.
- “A Need for Coffee” food truck will be set up at Triangle. In addition to coffee they serve smoothies and packaged food items. Weaver Vending Cart will also be onsite serving hotdogs and sausages.
- RCC: Event parking is available throughout the downtown area. Parking is $10 in most lots with no in and out privileges.
- Triangle: Parking is FREE. We have over 400 parking spaces. Please abide by all signage and be mindful that we still have some active construction ongoing.
- DRIVING DIRECTIONS: The eastbound ramp on I-40 Exit 285 is CLOSED for construction. Please allow extra time to arrive to Triangle in the morning and exit off on 284 or 287 to get to Triangle Volleyball Club. This is also our new location – the Wake Competition Center, located off Aviation Parkway – and ensure your GPS directions are guiding you to the correct location.
Although Raleigh has a safe and vibrant downtown area, it is strongly recommended that athletes driving themselves travel in groups of two or more. The City of Raleigh ambassadors will be downtown (Red jackets) and are happy to assist and escort athletes upon request.
USAV High Performance Tryout
Junior Girls & Boys High Performance Tryout - 2020 Tryout will be held on Friday, Feb. 28th from 4-9pm in the Raleigh Convention Center. For more information please click HERE.
College Coach Panel
There will be an AVCA/Carolina Region College Coach panel in Room 206 of the Mezzanine in the Raleigh Convention Center on Friday, Feb. 28th from 6-7pm. For more information, click here.
Check out our vendors at the MAPL Raleigh Tournament located in the RCC exhibit hall. Please be sure to visit:
SIMAX Sports – The Official Event Merchandiser, selling tournament t-shirts, hoodies and more! For preorders, please click here.
C-Salt Therapeutic Bodywork - Tournament favorite C-Salt Bodywork returns as an oasis for sports massages
Passanante's Home Food Services - home food delivery service specializing in organic and all-natural foods
EventPhoto - photography services for team photos of participating teams, available for purchase on-site by parents
The MAPL Raleigh Tournament is brought to you by Triangle Volleyball Club and the Greater Raleigh Sports Alliance. Please join us in thanking all our generous sponsors:
Greater Raleigh Sports Alliance | Carolina Region/USAV | Molten, USA | Triangle Friends
Social Media-follow us throughout the tourney
Photography & Videography – for the protection of your athletes we have the following policy in place
This event is considered a private event owned and operated by Triangle Volleyball Club (Triangle) under the rules and regulations required for sanction by USA Volleyball/Carolina Region. Admittance is by special invitation, spectator pass, or as a participant athlete, coach, or club director. Other than parents and coaches filming or taking photos for personal or recruiting use, only individuals, businesses, organizations, and/or media outlets authorized by Triangle are allowed to photograph and record video and film footage at this event for use in a business or other media distribution activity, or for the purposes of recruitment. Those authorized by Triangle to record or photograph at this event will be identifiable by wearing an official tournament credential. Any other persons affiliated with independent or third-party video, photography or recruiting services that have NOT been granted official authorization by Triangle to conduct business at this venue are subject to removal from the premise.